Final analysis from Kenya 2016 revealed the following:
Total patients seen and treated: 1,574
Top Healthcare activities engaged in:
Health Trainings Conducted:
Endonyolasho School Health Club: Checking blood pressure, finding pulse, listening to lung sounds, wound care
Highlights of Trip:
- Endonyolasho Clinic’s rain water harvesting facility launched and filled with 10,000L of clean, drinking water.
- Treated scabies outbreak, providing necessary medications and color-safe antimicrobial detergent for over 200 men, women, and children to prevent re-infection.
- Provided 3,000 sanitary napkins to the girls in Endonyolasho School, providing 1 year supply of feminine hygiene
- 200 Typhoid vaccinations administered in Mukuru, informal settlement in Nairobi
- Non Medical programming:
- Conducted female-specific empowerment programming with 21 girls in Endonyolasho School
- Established the beginnings of a Photography Club in the Endonyolasho School and Light Rays School
- Conducted Information Technology training in Light Rays School in Kangemi
- Hosted “Cinema Under the Stars” event for the Endonyolasho community, screening the documentary made about the clinic. Over 100 community members attended and enjoyed watching their story.